Monday 3 December 2012

A varied few days.

I have been working and learning in a variety of places since last Thursday. Outside in Scotland has been a massive contrast too, from warm sunshine in the central highlands to sub zero Arctic conditions in The Cairngorms and heavy hail storms, rain and snow on the west coast and of course all in the same day today!


The girls leading at Ratho Climbing wall on Thursday.


Liam Irving in Hidden Chimney on Friday.


Scrambling skills on the West Coast, today.


Eigg from Ardnish Point today.


On Thursday I was teaching leading at Ratho Climbing wall. On Friday I climbed the fantastic winter route Hidden Chimney grade III in The Cairngorms. On Saturday and Sunday I was at Glenmore Lodge up dating my BASP first aid qualifications and today I was over on the west coast teaching summer hill walking skills to my college students form West Highland College. A variety of work and play is the spice of life, but it is great to be home seeing my kids and my lovely wife! 
Hebridean Pursuits are gearing up for running winter courses and we still have availability on Winter Skills and Mountaineering courses, for more details or to book a date of your choice contact us on hebpursuit@aol.com. It is looking like a good winter is on the way!